The vitamin E, also known as Aplha Tocopherol, is an essential nutrient for both your diet and the skin care routine.
This antioxidant , which is found in large dosages in wheat germ oil, hazelnut oil and in many other types of seeds, has a large number of benefits which you should keep in mind:
- Anti Aging – The vitamin E skincare have a role in smoothing tiny wrinkles and age spots. According to recent studies, the vitamin E skincare supplement reduce the skin cells oxidation, slow down their death and therefore decelerate of its aging process.
- Using a Vitamin E skincare is great in the summer days, when the danger of sunburn is higher.
The sebaceous glands in our skin that produce the oily matter also responsible for the vitamin E distribution with the sebum at the skin's epidermis. That's when this vitamin starts balancing the ph level of our skin and acting as a barrier. This barrier prevents the UV sunlight and radiation damages.
- Vitamin A enhancement – The retinol is more effective when you combine it with vitamin E in your diet and skin care. Both are essential for a healthy and radiant skin.
- Prevention and treatment for scaring, due to this vitamin smoothing effects.
- Dry skin "first aid" treatment – After using a vitamin E mask, your skin will be less dry immediately, with one condition: if a mask contains oil ingredient, use this once or twice a week. The reason is that using too much oil in your skincare routine might damage it on a long run.
This antioxidant is better for dry and wrinkled skin. Despite that fact, including this nutrient in for oily skin care is also a good thing, but with small dosages. Many fruits and vegetables are excellent for that matter: They include vitamin A in small dosages, which will have an effect on your skin.
Wheat Germ Oil Mask for Dry and Wrinkled Skin
1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil
3 tbsp of carrot juice
2 tbsp of grapefruit juice
Apply this mask on a clear skin surface for 20 minutes, then wash with a warm water. Use this mask twice a week, at most (like all the oily masks).
The grapefruit and the carrof are full of vitamins A and C, the wheat germ oil is an ultimate vitamin E solution.
For less oily effect you can use couple of drops of this oil, so you still have the essential Alpha Tocopherol nourishment.