The Acne Skin Treatment World
You wake up in the morning and discover a new set our "friends" on your forehead. Acne skin treatment is always relevant to many of us, so it is a huge plus if you know what to do when it hits you.
This site is about the adult acne treatment, becuse this problem can stay with us many years, and can wear different faces as years go by.
This guide will introduce you to the basic information on acne, and give you an idea about acne natural remedy that you can use.
What is acne?
Acne is a challenging skin issue that directly involves special glands that are located beneath the surface of the skin. These oil glands are directly responsible for creating a substance that assists in adding flexibility to the skin.
The substance is called "Sebum".
The glands are very similar to pockets. The sebum is produced in these pockets. Just above them, there are small tubes that many refer to as “Sebum Canals”.
Once the sebum is created, it is then pushed towards the surface of the skin through these canals. However, there are some instances where these tubes experience a blockage. In some cases, the blockage is only partial. In other instances, the blockages are complete. When this occurs, the oil accumulates in the region and inflammation occurs.
As the oil is being pushed towards the surface of the skin, it collects dead skin cells along the way. In addition to this, certain types of debris may become present. When pressure occurs as a blockage in the sebum canal, dead cells and other types of debris such as bacteria may also become lodged in the canal.
Inflammation occurs because it is the body’s natural reaction to removing foreign and potentially unhealthy substances from the body.
However, as the blockage increases in severity and the inflammation continues to develop, acne develops. If the blockage occurs within a hair follicle and a hair starts to grow, it has the potential to further complicate the process that is developing on the skin.
Acne may show many different types of characteristics. These characteristics are directly related to the type of skin eruptions that develop on the skin.
Most individuals refer to these eruptions as “Zits” or “Pimples”. These skin bumps may also be identified as “Whiteheads”, “Blackheads”, a “Papule”, a “Pustule”, a “Nodule” and a “Cyst”. In addition to these, certain types of acne may be referred to as “Milia”.
Acne is broken down into two main subcategories. These are “Non-Inflammatory” and “Inflammatory”. Below, we will explain these two types and review what types of pimples are included in each and describe the physical appearance of each for further clarification.
Acne is described as “Non-Inflammatory” when the blemishes that occur on the skin are a direct result of Microcomedones. In simple terms, this means “clogged up pores”. There are two types of pimples that classify as non-inflammatory skin blemishes. They are as follows:
– This is a small bump that has a white-colored head. These occur when sebum and other types of debris stays just below the surface of the skin.
– This is a dark brown or black bump that occurs when the actual pore completely opens all the way to the surface of the skin. Sebum, which is known to contains a pigment that is referred to as “Melanin” goes through a process referred to by specialists as “Oxidization”. This results in the sebum becoming discolored. These are known to last an extremely long time because it takes so long for the sebum to drain once it oxidizes.
If you have non-inflammatory acne, it is essential that you work to discover an acne skin treatment that is designed specifically for whiteheads and blackheads. Otherwise, you will continue to experience outbreaks.
If you suffer from skin eruptions that appear to be swollen or are painful, it is likely that you are suffering from inflammatory acne. This type of acne causes four different types of pimples. They are as follows:
– This is a type of pimple that is often called a “Lesion”. It is a direct result of a reaction of the inflammation system that is considered to be severe. In most instances, the pimple looks like a large whelp and contains pus that may be seen just under the surface of the skin.
– In some instances, the follicles where hairs grow experience a type of breakage in what is referred to as the “Wall”. When this happens, the body’s defence cells – white blood cells – rush to the breakage in order to repair it. When this happens, the area becomes inflamed and a small pimple occurs. This may or may not display a head that contains pus or lymph.
– Many acne sufferers suffer from nodules. These are bumps that may vary in size, color and location. They are formed when a hair follicle breaks at its base. This results in a collapse of sorts within the hair follicle itself.
– This is considered to be one of the most common types of pimples among acne sufferers. Most that are searching for organic skincare treatments are looking for one that covers this type of zit. This occurs when a large amount of white blood cells move towards the surface of the skin. It is defined as having a very distinct head that is full of pus.
How to Prevent Acne?
As strange as it sounds, food and lifestyle can keep our skin healthier and better looking, even if we won't touch any skin care products at all!
Many times acne skin treatment can succeed after following these simple guidelines:
- Food: Many kitchens don't contain vegetables at all! Use as many colours on your plate: Salads made of nuts, spinach, tomatoes, carrots and many more - they are the real fuel of our health. Vitamin producers may disagree, but our body absorbs more vitamins from healthy food and vegetable juices than from any supplements.
- Sports: Every time you move, stretch, dance - your body likes it very well. Forget about those extravagant yoga masters, extra skinny muscular creatures jumping all around you...Remember that you are not in competition, and your body will love nad cherish you if you will even imitate their movements. So just stop giving a damn, and start moving!
- Don't punish your skin with cigarettes, alcohol and drugs. The skin protects you better from hormonal changes, difference in pH levels and many other factors that cause acne autbreaks, when you "keep it free".
Best Treatment for Adult Acne
The best treatment for adult acne: Pimples, blackheads, whiteheads etc:
- Avoid oily products - even hair products that touch your facial skin can cause an outbreak.
- Vegetables, fresh vegetable juices - will give you the best food for skin. Use as much as you can - there are many great recipes out there in the internet, so the health you gain will be worth all the time looking for tasty ways to take care of your skin.
- In homemade facial scrubs, you should use natural substances such as honey, oats, fruits and vegetables with vitamin A in your masks. Remember not to overdo them - the acidic masks may cause you irritation if you use them day after day.
Acne skin treatment, as any other type of skin care, always requires a caution: Seeing your dermatologist regularly is always a good idea. Plus you shouldn't use the acne masks too often, especially the acidic ones - so the skin will be able to rest and repair itself after the deep cleaning.
Go to the Acne Facial Mask Recipes
Back from Acne Skin Treatment to the Homepage