Welcome to the Homemade Facial Mask World!
After a long day, a homemade facial mask in a relaxing bathtub is the thing that our body craves the most.
So how can we prepare a facial mask recipe to gain the most benefits? This website will try to answer that question and provide you the basic skin care knowledge to know your way around.
You will find here both facial mask recipes AND the scientific facts that you need, so you will be able to use your judgement not only with the homemade masks but with the skincare products in general.
Which facial masks you can prepare at home?
Any type of skin can be treated with a homemade mask. The variety of what you can put in the mask recipe is wide: This homemade mask guide can show you the possibilities.
- Oily Skin Care: If your skin tends to be greasy and acne prone, this corner of the site is just for you. It includes homemade scrub recipes that are also good for dead skin cells removal (the exfoliation) and getting rid of zits.
- Anti Aging Skin Treatment: Get here some facial homemade recipes, for keeping your skin youthful. Exfoliate and moisturize- that's the key!
- Itchy Skin Relief: If your skin is itching or has a rash, you can look here for some self made solution.
- Dry Skin Treatment: When the temperature changes, our skin becomes dry and vulnerable. Mask recipes may prevent and treat this problem.
Why should you use a homemade facial mask?
All the vitamins, minerals, essential acids and oils, that your skin needs, can already be found in your kitchen. Many of those are being extracted from fruits and herbs to prepare skin care products: So it's worth a try to make a skin care product by yourself!
Serums with algae extract can cost 100$ a bottle, but did you know that a self-made seaweed mask can give you the same effect?
The edible algae (the seaweeds) contain anti aging vitamin A and amino acids in huge amounts, which make it the most effective mask for anti aging treatment! It actually the best anti aging serum available.
Some things to keep in mind:
- The facial mask or scrub effect depends on your skin type. For instance: Mask recipes with lemon and green apple are good for oily or mixed skin, while avocado recipes are better for dry skin types, because of the essential oils that these ingredients contain.
- Before using any homemade facial mask, it is important first to test the recipe on a hidden place of your skin, to recognize any allergies you might have. You should do that with commercial skin care products, too, to guarantee your safety.
- Fore best results - use only organic fruits and vegetables in your facial masks AND your daily diet. You are what you eat, and if you want to have a perfect skin - chemistry is everything.